HOW DID IT START
The World Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Day (WSBHD) has been established and designated by IF’s General Assembly in Guatemala 2011 with the aim of raising awareness and understanding about Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus. It serves also as means to advocate and promote the rights of persons with these conditions.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED
As in previous WSBHD editions, we will promote an active awareness campaign on social media: sharing posters, key messages, relevant events around the topic, hashtags, banners.
We need your support to reach as many people as possible who may want to submit their testimonies and photo in order to show our members’ perspective on IF’s evolution and work.
WSBHD 2019: the full picture
This year we are celebrating WSBHD together with IF’s 40th Anniversary and we would like to use this opportunity to look back and get some good energy from all the work done together with our members and partners. We are looking for examples of how IF has supported you or your organisation, improvements you have experienced in your life in the past years as a person with SBH, and to hear your expectations. Join the campaign “The Full Picture”! Download the guidelines to learn more.
- 2012: Event at the European Parliament in Strasbourg
- 2013: Launch of the PUSH! platform
- 2014: 25 Facts about Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus
- 2015: Did you know…
- 2016: Launch of the IF Global Prevention Initiative at the IF conference in Belgium
- 2017: A focus on mental health
- 2018: Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus throughout the lifespan