I. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SPINA BIFIDA AND HYDROCEPHALUS
The 29th International Conference on Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Diverse Needs, Same Rights will take place during September 5 to 9 2022 [updated dates].
Call for Abstracts
The 29th International Conference on Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus will be an online or Hybrid conference, depending on the COVID-19 situation. We are pleased to invite abstracts for regular oral and Give Me Five Minute presentations. We also welcome IF Members to submit abstracts to provide country updates. Please note, all sessions will be recorded and made available for conference attendees. It is assumed that presenters and authors give consent and authorize the recording of their presentation.
Call for abstracts is open now, see also the guidelines here.
Deadline for sending your abstracts is April 25th.
How are abstracts assessed for inclusion in the scientific program?
- The abstract content should be explicitly linked to Spina Bifida and or Hydrocephalus;
- The abstract content must be received on time and presented in the appropriate format, e.g., it must not exceed the word limit (details below);
- In case research is presented, it must have followed the standards of ethics in research with human beings and/or animals that apply and have obtained the appropriate ethical approvals (if an empirical study);
- Submissions of primary and secondary empirical research must include analyses and a
summary of findings. It is not sufficient to state “the data will be analysed” or “findings will be presented/discussed”, unless it is an abstract for a “work in progress” presentation;
- English language and grammar should be satisfactory, spelling should be consistent.
II. THEMATIC CONFERENCES
During September 14 to 17 2021 the IF international Conference on multidisciplinary Care for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus was organized. Read more about it here.
The theme for 2023 will follow.
III. GRAND ROUNDS FOR CLINICIANS
Following the outcomes of the International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Conference on Multidisciplinary Care during September 14 to 17 2021, IF continues to facilitate meaningful discussions and opportunities for medical education among healthcare professionals working with individuals with Spina Bifida and or Hydrocephalus. These so-called Grand Rounds provide a forum to share clinical expertise and best practices among healthcare professionals. It is moreover an excellent opportunity to ask questions among fellow colleagues around the world. The Grand Rounds take place on:
- April 8 – Hydrocephalus – Dr. Benjamin Warf, USA
- June 10 – Orthopaedic – tbc
- August 12 – Fetal Surgery – Dr. Agnieszka Pastuszka, Poland
- October 14 & December – tbd
INVITATION: IF welcomes your nominations of physicians in your country who have an interest in attending these Grand Rounds. You can send the nominations to email@example.com. The agenda and further details of the Grand Rounds will be shared upon registration.