- Improving their access to knowledge about their human rights, medical advances in addressing the most common health problems associated with the disability, and by sharing examples of the abilities and achievements of people with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (SBH).
- Improving organisational capacity of IF members to function as representatives and defenders of children and adults of people with SBH in their community.
- Organising mutual exchange and learning activities on best practices in relation to the issues of interest to its members.
- Helping members develop research-based advocacy strategies and supporting them in the implementation of their advocacy goals.
- Supporting IF members in designing and implementing campaigns
Twice per year, IF organises two EU workshops together with one of our European member organisations. IF workshops are always tailored to improve the members’ capacity to use the Convention of the Rights of People with Disabilities in their daily work and equip them with tools to monitor its implementation at the local level. You can read more about our different EU workshops here:
2018 Bulgaria: “Continence management high on the agenda at IF European Workshop“// Madrid: November 2018
2017 Germany: “How to write project proposals and focus on mental health at IF EU workshop” // Sweden: “IF European Workshop in Stockholm”
IF holds its International Conference once once a year with a support of one of its members. The conferences have gathered people with spina bifida and hydrocephalus and their families from all over the world to exchange knowledge and examples of good practices.
Please find the list of all the IF conferences here.
Biennially, IF organises its African workshop, choosing a different country and topic each year.
Please find the list of all the IF African Workshops here.