The International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (IF) is looking for a board member in preparation for the upcoming elections scheduled for June 2024.
Member of the Board of Directors
INTERNATIONAL NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION
The International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (IF) represents over 95 Member Associations worldwide. Our members are a large group of persons with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus (SBH) and their families. In collaboration with civic society in the public and private sector and together with important stakeholders IF works to build inclusive communities and raise awareness of SBH. With the goal of reducing the prevalence of SBH in the world through primary prevention, advancing the rights of persons with disabilities and improving management and care for individuals with SBH and their families.
The role and description as member of the Board of Directors are outlined in the IF Articles of Association. As per Article 13, the International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus is managed by a Board of Directors composed of at least three and maximum nine members appointed by the General Meeting amongst the Voting Members. The majority of Board members are persons with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus or immediate family members of persons with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus. Each Voting Member has the right to propose a candidate for the Board of Directors. The Board members are appointed for a three year term and can be re-elected for two periods of three years maximum. Their mandate will not be remunerated. In case of vacancy during a mandate, a Board member can be replaced by a provisional Board member appointed by the General Meeting (or the Board of Directors). In such case, the provisional Board member will continue the mandate of the replaced Board member. A Board member may be dismissed at any time by the General Meeting by the positive vote of a two-thirds majority of the Voting Members present or represented.
- A person with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus; immediate family member of persons with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus; or experience in working with patient organizations
- Attends and actively participates in Board meetings
- Makes proposals to the IF Secretary General and Board of Directors to take the policy area of fundraising (in particular unrestricted funds) and or ambassadorship to a higher level
- Translates IF’s mission and vision into communication when representing IF in a larger network
- Maintain an international network
- Ability to take on tasks that have a priority and for which the candidate can make the time
- English in speech and writing
Interested candidates for this position can complete the nomination form before February 1 2024 and send this to the chair of the IF Election Committee Dr. Sylvia Roozen at firstname.lastname@example.org.