CU-SBH-NET is an NGO which was first formed by parents of children having spina bifida and hydrocephalus in 2010 as a community based organization. This was a Community Based Organization called Parents Association of children with spina bifida and hydrocephalus operating in Wakiso. It was later in 2014 registered as an NGO with the name Central Uganda Spina bifida and Hydrocephalus network. It mainly covers 20 districts of central Uganda and is composed of over 1000 members in different districts of central Uganda. Its offices are located in Bweyogerere behind Wellsprings in Wakiso District.
A vibrant changed society free from Spina bifida and Hydrocephalus.
To be a network that promotes unity, dignity, rights, awareness, training, lobbying, advocacy, improving environment and health of the persons with Spina Bifida and hydrocephalus and implementing government policies aimed at people affected with this problem.
- To promote and consolidate unity among parents of children and adults with Spina Bifida and hydrocephalus.
- To promote dignity and uphold rights of people with Spina Bifida and hydrocephalus.
- To guide and support the children with Spina bifida and hydrocephalus and adult with the same condition in their academic pursuit and achievement of successful careers.
- To be affiliated to any other association or body having similar aims and objectives like ours.
- To organize and hold supportive trainings for parents / guardians of children with and persons affected by Spina bifida and Hydrocephalus.
- To advocate for improved health care and environmental conditions for parents / guardians and people with spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
- To reduce on the occurrences or births of children with spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
- To advocate for implementation and enforcement of government policies geared at the reduction of spina bifida and hydrocephalus cases.