The Catalan Association for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (ACAEBH) is a Non Profit Organization created in 1972 and declared of public utility in 2004 by the Ministry of Interior.
The purpose of the organization is to improve the quality of life of people born with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus and their families.
The main objectives of ACAEBH are to meet the needs for support and guidance and to inform people with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus and their families to realise their social participation and full standardization in all areas: personal, family, social and labour.
Other challenges of the Association are to inform and raise awareness on the situation of people with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus and stress the importance of prevention to reduce the risk of neural tube defects.
All actions carried out by the Institution are developed in three areas:
1. Area Personal Autonomy and / or Inclusive Leisure
– SEAP (personal autonomy project)
– Colonies and Holidays for young people
– Leisure Activities
– Youth Space
2. Area Social and Labor Inclusion
– Training and Orientation Program
– Inclusion online Socio-labor
3. Area Information / Orientation and Health Education
– Workshops, Conferences and Workshops
– Service Social Care
The organization is most proud of its work through the personal autonomy project “SEAP” because, thanks to this project, people with SB/H can grow up being the most autonomous.