Spina Bifida Association Malaysia (SIBIAM) was set up in 2007 as a non-profit organisation to look after the interest of children and adults with Spina Bifida and its related disorders.
SIBIAM aims to improve the life chances of persons with Spina Bifida through practical and meaningful projects. Thus, we look to work collaboratively with parents, volunteers and medical personnel in representing the Spina Bifida community in Malaysia. We are also grateful for the support from our sponsors who work hand in hand with us to reach out to more Spina Bifida children and their family members.
We work towards helping people with Spina Bifida realise an active, meaningful and independent life as members of the community through the following projects and programmes:
- Building a resource centre
- Creating awareness and Spina Bifida prevention campaigns
- Therapy and counseling services
- Revolving equipment library ( wheelchairs, standing frames, orthotics etc)
- Subsidy for catheters, catheter bags, diapers
- Education & Career guidance workshops etc.