RICKMES FOUNDATION is a Non-Governmental Organisation which was established two years ago, under the companies Act, 1963, Act179 of the Republic of Ghana. It was established to create awareness, advocate and support the surgical operation and the wellbeing of person with hydrocephalus and spina bifida in Ghana.
Rickmes Foundation’s mission is to raise awareness, protect and promote the rights of persons with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus in Ghana. The foundation’s visionis to be the leading Disability, and Health organization in Ghana that stands to promote the abilities, capabilities, and potentials of persons with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus through empowerment, quality health care, and other supporting activities for persons with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus.
Rickmes foundation’s objectives are the following:
- To ensure easy access to treatments for person with spina bifida and hydrocephalus
- To reduce the misconception Ghanaians have about spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
- To aid the full participation of person with spina and hydrocephalus in the inclusive education and societal activities.
- To reduce stigmatisation and discrimination associated with spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
- To move from the tertiary prevention primary prevention of spina bifida and hydrocephalus