JOIN THE YOUTH GROUP FOR THE VIBRANT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH DAY 2023!
As the International Youth Day 2023 fast approaches, we, the dynamic and spirited IF International Youth Group SBH, extend an invitation to all young people with SBH around the globe!
Mark your calendars for August 12, the day the youth group unite as one global community to amplify the voices of the youth. On this occasion, we will join the world to raise awareness on one of current youth issues around the world: Independent Living.
Independent living is the rights of persons with disabilities, which was set out in Article 19 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD). Independent living is especially important for the youth as we are facing transition from adolescence to adulthood. However, we realise that many people, including youth with SBH are unaware of this topic. Moreover, many have wrong assumptions about the concept of independent living.
To kick off the social media campaign, we want to challenge the whole youth community with SBH to tell us what independent living means to you, share with us your own story of independence and help us increase awareness of independent living within the SBH community.
To equip you for this campaign, the IF International Youth Group SBH presents the IF International Youth Day toolkit! Here, you’ll find insights and ideas to elevate your participation.
The toolkit is available in the following three languages:
- Download the English version here
- Download the Spanish version here
- Download the Portuguese version here
How to participate
Join us by sharing your unique perspective on independent living. Choosing one of the various ways to participate, the IF International Youth Group SBH challenges you to:
- Record a video of maximum 3 minutes or
- Write a story of maximum 300 words limit or
- Take a picture where you can express yourself about independent living and what it means to YOU, with the IF frames specially designed for this occasion. IF designed frames with quotes and key messages or you can use an “empty” frame to share YOUR key messages
- Use the hashtags: #IFInternationalYouthDay #YouthSBH #YouthSBHandIndependentLiving #YouthSBHVoice
Send your materials before 9th of August to email@example.com
Many thanks for your participation!
IF International Youth Group SBH