20 April 2017 // The 2030 Agenda will provide a real opportunity to achieve eradication of poverty for persons with disability, only if its implementation is guided by the CRPD. In order to officially provide recommendations in line with the CRPD, the Stakeholder Group of Persons with Disabilities, which has been coordinated by the International Disability Alliance (IDA) since November 2016, has prepared an official submission paper to the High-Level Political Platform (HLPF).
The HLPF on Sustainable Development 2017 will take place from 10-19 July 2017 at the United Nations (UN) in New York. The forum will focus on “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world” and an in-depth review of the following SDGs will be undertaken:
- Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development (this goal will be permanently consider each year).
You can find more information about the official submission paper and its endorsement in this article. Please remember that the deadline for endorsements is 27th April. Feel free to disseminate the official submission paper and encourage other organisations to join in!